This has been compromised
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go Away

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Crocodilius
Crocodilius

Number of posts : 69
Warn :
[tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-08

[tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler Empty
PostSubject: [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler   [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 5:13 am

To start In the Ways of Programming, you will need (well its not a necessity, but its definitely good to have it) a C++ Compiler.

If you have $250 to Spare, why not Get Microsoft Visual C++.net?

If, like me, You dont, you might want to get something free.

And right now the best thing out there is Bloodshed Dev-C++.

So, Im gonna show you how to set up Dev-C++ The Easy way.

Firtsly, Download Dev-C++ 4.9.8.0 (there is more recent versions, but this one id just easier to set up for me) Here:

Download

[tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler DEv

Choose whatever Mirror you like (i dont think it matters)

Save it to a simple location, such as My Documents.

ok, No we'll start on the Step-by-Step part.

Step 1. Navigate to The Dev-C++ .exe. File, and Double-click on it. It will automatically start the Installation Process.
It will give you a warning not to Install over previous versions of Dev-C++.

Step 2. Click ok. (except if you do have an older version of Dev-C++. if you do, uninstall it).

Step 3. Some load of Crap should come up. Just agree with it and click ok.
This should open up a new window, with Installation preferences in mind. Leave it at Typical Installation and click Next.

Step 4. It will ask you where you want to install it. but its not really asking you so much as its telling you. Dont install it anywhere other than here. Just trust me on this, ok?

Step 5. Click install. It will install itself. let it run its course. In the middle somewhere, it will ask you do you want to install for all users. Choose whatever option you want, its up to you.

Step 6. Now Dev-C++ Is installed, but it wants to verify your default settings. so here we go. Click on Tools -> Compiler Options. Then Click on the "Settings" Tab. Choose "Code Generation" on the left.

Step 7. Make sure that "Enable Handle Exception" is enabled, Then switch to the "Linker" tab and make sure "Generate Debugging Information" is enabled.

Step 8. Click ok. and your Done!!!!!!!!!!

Thats it. Now just remember, Dev-C++ Takes up 45mb.

Next Lesson: Installing Cygwin.
Back to top Go down
https://gaming-heaven.forumotion.com
pspfreak101
Top Poster
Top Poster
pspfreak101

Number of posts : 143
Warn :
[tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler   [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 pm

what exactly is this softwarw and wat does it do
Back to top Go down
michaelp
1337 gamer
1337 gamer

Number of posts : 44
Warn :

PostSubject: Re: [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler   [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 2:09 am

It lets you program in C++, so you can use the IDE to compile your programs.
Back to top Go down
pspfreak101
Top Poster
Top Poster
pspfreak101

Warn :

PostSubject: Re: [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler   [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:59 pm

oh cool
Back to top Go down
Holy
uber 1337 pwnerer
uber 1337 pwnerer

Number of posts : 289
Warn :

Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler   [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 10:43 am

A little random though XD
Back to top Go down
pspfreak101
Top Poster
Top Poster
pspfreak101

Warn :

PostSubject: Re: [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler   [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 10:45 pm

ok i did not get a word of that
Back to top Go down
Holy
uber 1337 pwnerer
uber 1337 pwnerer

Warn :

PostSubject: Re: [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler   [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 9:00 am

Crocodilius wrote:

If you have $250 to Spare, why not Get Microsoft Visual C++.net?

Or a torrent client xD
Back to top Go down
Sarathos
Administrator
Administrator
Sarathos

Number of posts : 90
Warn :

Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler   [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:43 am

Oh boi.. I don't know what the rules and regulations for your web host is, but unless in their rules piracy is illegal, your site could might aswell get closed for encouraging piracy. Happened to me once. Well well. I guess i'll check the host's rules too soon Razz
Back to top Go down
Holy
uber 1337 pwnerer
uber 1337 pwnerer

Warn :

PostSubject: Re: [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler   [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:36 am

I wasnt encougring it I was... uhh.. *silence*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler   [tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler Empty

Back to top Go down

[tutorial]Installing a C++ Compiler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
This has been compromised :: PC :: General-
Jump to: